FAME is dedicated to promoting and supporting the work of Dr. John M. Feierabend through collaboration, advocacy, training, resource sharing, and more. Our mission is to build tuneful, beatful, and artful learners throughout the world, ensuring a lifetime of joyful music making. You can play a direct role in supporting FAME’s mission by simply becoming a member. In addition, your membership will provide you the benefit of being connected to a network of like-minded individuals committed to the work of Dr. Feierabend, as well as access to online resources for your own growth and support. Connect, network, and access a wealth of knowledge now by becoming a member of FAME!
Some people have experienced problems with their credit card being accepted when trying to join FAME. If you should have problems, please email Tom Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will be able to help you.
Active Membership Benefits:
- Access to Members-Only Content!
- Original Move Its! not available on DVD
- Articles and resources written by our FAME Endorsed Teacher Trainers to help music teachers
- Feierside Chats done by Dr. Feierabend and Lillie Feierabend on topics relevant to today’s music teacher
- Archived Facebook Live interviews with Dr. Feierabend
- Tea with Missy interviews
- Reduced Registration Fee for the FAME National Conference
- The FAME Newsletter
- Online Membership Directory
- Voting privileges
- May hold office
The Feierabend Association for Music Education has five different membership levels:
Active membership is for the active or retired teacher supporting the FAME mission to build tuneful, beatful, and artful learners throughout the world, ensuring a lifetime of joyful music making.
Associate Membership receives all the benefits of an active member. Additionally:
- The title usage of First Steps in Music® or Conversational Solfege® in a for-profit branding or marketing purpose such as a live, early childhood music class offering [i.e., First Steps in Music Academy of Indianapolis] is granted in the teaching of children
- If you or the company/organization you represent wish to share Feierabend-based instructional methodologies, pedagogy, products and/or services (presentations, staff development offerings, classes, training, etc.) for “hire” or for a fee one must be an active Associate Membership and Endorsed Teacher Trainer.
- The membership grants permission for Associate Members who are Endorsed Teacher Trainers to use and display intellectual property of Dr. Feierabend, Feierabend Association for Music Education, or GIA Music in live, face to face instructional delivery contexts only.
- This membership level does NOT offer any rights to use FAME, GIA, or Dr. Feierabend intellectual property or title usage in a virtual, digital, or online display.
Institutional/Regional Chapter Membership
If you or the educational institution/ regional FAME organization you represent wish to share Feierabend-based instructional methodologies, pedagogy, products and/or services (presentations, staff development offerings, classes, certification training courses, etc) one must be an active Institutional Member if a tuition or fee is charged to participants and FAME provides any additional support beyond the training. Regional FAME chapters providing services in addition to general membership at the national level must register for institutional membership annually. This membership grants permission to use and display intellectual property of Dr. Feierabend, Feierabend Association for Music Education, or GIA Music in instructional delivery contexts only as representation of FAME.
an Active Membership, for a one-time fee
A great way to contribute to a growing society of music educators while ensuring a lifetime membership with no need to renew. The lifetime membership is also not subject to potential rate increases over the years. Lifetime members may elect to apply for an annual “add on” Associate Membership with no additional fee.
for one year only
Students must be full time undergraduate students for 9 of the 12 months of the FAME membership period and must additionally provide a copy of current student ID to verify student status (send to email@example.com). Graduate students may register for a student membership for one year only. Student members have all the same benefits as an Active member except they cannot hold office or vote.