Become an Endorsed Teacher Trainer
- At least 3 years of teaching experience with the Feierabend approach or comparable experience with committee approval.
- Successful completion of all three levels of Feierabend coursework (Certificate Numbers are required) with a certified teacher trainer.
- First Steps in Music (20 hours)
- Conversational Solfege I & 2 (20 hours)
- Conversational Solfege Upper Levels (20 hours)
- Submit an electronic 15 minute video lesson
- One letter of recommendation from a supervisor or colleague.
- Current Résumé
- A copy of transcript(s) verifying completion of training related to the Feierabend approach.
- A brief letter stating your reason for seeking teacher training. Please include your thoughts on what the Feierabend philosophy represents to you, how the philosophy has influenced your teaching, and how being a trainer in this approach will contribute to your professional learning.
|Accepted applicants will be expected to spend 20 hours shadowing a certified teacher trainer. Each level of certification requires 20 separate hours and a series of teaching activities included in the chart below. Upon completion, successful candidates will receive a certificate.|
First Steps in Music
Conversational Solfege 1 & 2
Upper Conversational Solfege
Applicants will be notified of their application status within 30 days of receiving your completed submission.