Dr. Feierabend joins Missy again, this time to talk about the new revision of the Upper Levels of Conversational Solfege. In Part One of their discussion, John touches on the progression from Book 2 of Conversational Solfege with its focus on Tonic and Dominant harmonic support to Book 3 where he begins to introduce Subdominant. They also talk about what true pentatonic songs are (and aren’t) as well as what Kodaly called “the musical mother tongue” and what that means (and doesn’t mean) in America.
- Reflections on First Steps in Music: a Teacher Trainer Perspective with Lindsay Jackson | S2E11
- Conversational Solfege Upper Levels: the Revision Part 2 | S2E10
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Glue Dancing – Leslie Weaver
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Bridges to the Community: Part 6: May Pole
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Steady Beat – Connie Greenwood