Dr. Feierabend joins Missy again, this time to talk about the new revision of the Upper Levels of Conversational Solfege. In Part One of their discussion, John touches on the progression from Book 2 of Conversational Solfege with its focus on Tonic and Dominant harmonic support to Book 3 where he begins to introduce Subdominant. They also talk about what true pentatonic songs are (and aren’t) as well as what Kodaly called “the musical mother tongue” and what that means (and doesn’t mean) in America.
- Conversational Solfege in the Real World- Taylor Kurilew Part 3 | S2E14
- Conversational Solfege in the Real World – Taylor Kurilew Part 2 | S2E13
- Bridges to the Community: Part 7: Parent Participation Week
- Lágrima by Francisco Tárrega
- Conversational Solfege in the Real World- Taylor Kurilew Part 1 | S2E12