Arioso is included in the First Steps in Music lessons as an opportunity for students to create their own tunes. Original musical thinking is the highest form of music thinking. This chat outlines a progression from the teacher modeling arioso to the students creating their own melodies first without words, then with familiar words and finally with original words. Ready set sing!
- Reflections on First Steps in Music: a Teacher Trainer Perspective with Lindsay Jackson | S2E11
- Conversational Solfege Upper Levels: the Revision Part 2 | S2E10
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Glue Dancing – Leslie Weaver
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Bridges to the Community: Part 6: May Pole
- Teacher Trainer Corner: Steady Beat – Connie Greenwood