This Move It! entry was created by Marguerite Wilder and Kevin Boyle and is set to Blue Goose Rag by Raymond Birch arranged for Concert Band by Timothy Broege. The movie was done with members of Kevin’s Band at Picken’s County Middle School. They presented this as part of their workshop at the First Bi-ennial FAME Conference in Hartford, CT in 2014 entitled: Instrumental Applications for Conversational Solfege. While this was used with band students, it can certainly be used in any classroom. The PowerPoint presentation can be used to teach different aspects of music performance, instruments in the band and even suggests using parts of John Feierabend’s Word Wall all set to the music. It’s fairly involved, but your students will love to Move It to the Blue Goose Rag.
- Bridges to the Community: Part 7: Parent Participation Day
- Lágrima by Francisco Tárrega
- Conversational Solfege in the Real World- Taylor Kurilew Part 1 | S2E12
- Reflections on First Steps in Music: a Teacher Trainer Perspective with Lindsay Jackson | S2E11
- Conversational Solfege Upper Levels: the Revision Part 2 | S2E10